Open Position: Guidance, Navigation and Control / Embedded Systems Specialist
Application Deadline: June 12, 2019
Start Date: June 2019
NGC Aerospace Ltd is looking for a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC)/Embedded Systems Specialist for a 2-year full-time position, with a possibility of conversion to a permanent position. As part of your duties, you will be responsible for analysis, design and validation of GNC software and embedded real-time systems, software/hardware/firmware integration, and associated software development.
NGC Aerospace Ltd offers services in the range of analysis, simulation and control of autonomous vehicles for space, aeronautical and terrestrial applications, as well as associated software development. Having North American and European Space Agencies as well as international aerospace companies as main clients, NGC obviously remains at the cutting edge of technology.
NGC Aerospace Ltd welcomes a team of 15 highly skilled employees, including 11 engineers and 4 people in administration. Run by a passionate leadership and close to its employees to whom it offers motivating working conditions, it is not surprising that the company is very stable in terms of its personnel. Synonymous with innovation and intelligence, this company definitely has the wind in its sails!
Your Professional Challenges
Design and implement, using MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++:
– embedded systems such as automatic piloting systems and vision systems for unmanned aerial/ground vehicles;
– GNC and vision software for space vehicles such as Earth-orbiting satellites and planetary exploration probes.
Determine and integrate required hardware components, including sensors and embedded computers.
Analyze and validate systems using computer simulations of operational environments, dynamic tests in a controlled environment and field tests.
Model complex physical systems and develop associated simulators.
Implement software in a real-time environment.
Develop engineering tools to enhance the efficiency of design and the quality of products.
Optimize Simulink models in order to automatically generate efficient C-code.
Conduct research and development studies.
Prepare technical documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and present results to clients and partners.
Support preparation of proposals and support project management tasks.
The opportunity to work in a well-established and financially strong internationally-renowned company.
The opportunity to collaborate with a qualified team, soundly managed and open to the sharing of new ideas and to innovation.
A company located in the beautiful Eastern Townships region, providing a balanced framework and lifestyle (open spaces, affordable housing, no traffic, etc.).
A competitive salary, measuring up to your professional skills and experience.
Three (3) weeks annual vacation from the start, to take care of yourself and your loved ones.
A flexible schedule and the possibility to occasionally work from home, allowing you to better achieve work/life balance.
50% of your individual insurance premiums reimbursed by the employer.
Access to a pension fund with employer contribution, to invest and save wisely.
Presence of a social committee, which organizes various activities.
– A Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or aerospace engineering or equivalent (Master’s degree an asset).
– 3 to 5 years relevant experience, including internships and work terms (candidates with relevant background and abilities will be considered).
– Knowledge of written and spoken English.
– Knowledge of one or more of the following topics: control theory, navigation theory, dynamic modeling.
– Experience and competence with C/C++ programming.
– Experience and competence with MATLAB/Simulink environment (Embedded Coder an asset).
– Experience with real-time operating systems including thread management (VxWorks, FreeRTOS, Integrity, RTEMS or Real-time Linux assets).
– Experience with single-board computers, microcontrollers, GPUs, FPGAs and integration of electronic components.
– Effective communication with colleagues, clients, and partners.
– Effective organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment.
– Autonomy, attention to details and initiative.
– Ability to simultaneously handle tasks from many projects.
– Passion for your area of expertise.
– Experience in unmanned or remotely piloted systems design and operation.
– Experience in space system design.
– Knowledge of other programming languages (Python, Java) and of inter-process communication middleware (IPC, ROS).
– Experience with 3D rendering simulation tools such as Gazebo and Unreal.
– Experience with VHDL.
– Knowledge of and experience with best software quality practices and certification, e.g. DOT standards, RTCA DO-178B/C and MISRA compliance.
– Membership in the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (or eligibility to become a member).
– Proficiency in French.
Mrs. Andréanne Hamel, Human Resources Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.